1. Have more fun. Plan things together that you know your partner loves to do. Alternate with each other.
2. Stop trying to control one other. You're allowed to be different people. In fact, it's probably why you fell in love in the first place.
3. Practice real listening. Don't be thinking instead about your defense or coming up with a rebuttal. Listen, be curious, and empathize. (You can have your turn too.)
4. Continue to compliment and value each other. Don't think you shouldn't have to do that anymore once you're past dating.
5. Be a little selfish. Make time for yourself and things you like to do.
6. Don't make your partner be all things to you. We each need other sources of support: a best friend, a mentor, a sibling, etc. It's too much to put all your needs on one person.